Here is all that you need to know about AP PGECET 2019 test. This test is organised by the Andhra Pradesh University, Visakhapatnam. This exam helps you seek admission in PG Engineering and Pharmacy courses. Aspirants seeking admissions in M.E., M.Tech and M Pharma courses also need to appear for this exam. Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state-level test. GATE and GPAT qualifiers can also apply for this exam.
Going by the last year’s statistical data, there were about 27000 registrations for Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test a good number of 29,012 candidates appeared for the exam.
- AP PGECET 2019 Result has been declared. Check Here
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Date
Given below some of the tentative dates for the application procedure. These dates are given with the amount of late submission fee. Official dates shall be made available to the students on the official website soon sche.ap.gov.in
|Application submission last date (without late fee)||05/04/2019|
|Application submission (with Rs.500/- late fee)||08/04/2019|
|Application submission (with Rs.2000/- late fee)||12/04/2019|
|Application submission (with Rs.5000/- late fee)||18/04/2019|
|Admit Card release||25/04/2019|
|Counselling begins||June/July 2019|
AP PGECET 2019 Application Form
- It is important to remember that the application form is only available through online mode.
- The application process is divided into three segments. Fee payment, registration, uploading documents.
- The candidate needs to make the payment first, by using a registered mobile number and email ID.
- Rupees 800 for general category
Rupees 400 for SC ST category
- Candidates can now register by carefully mentioning the details asked.
- Once the registration is done, candidates shall have to fill the application form by providing the personal and the academic details.
- It is advised that candidates keep a scanned copy of photo and signature whle filling the application form.
- After uploading the scanned copy of photo and signature you can review the form.
- Ensure that no wrong information is mentioned. Once reviewed you are free to submit the form.
- Those who have qualified GATE GPAT shall be given the first preference.
- AP PGECET 2019 exam shall be conducted through a computer based online mode.
- Objective or multiple-choice type questions shall be asked in the exam.
- Candidates shall be provided with 2 hours to complete the paper.
- Each question shall consist of one mark.
- However, there is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- No marks shall be deducted for an unattempted answer.
AP PGECET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain guidelines that are provided for the candidates apply for the exam. Candidates satisfying the minimum eligibility criteria shall be eligible to take the exam.
- Candidates should be citizens of India.
- For all the candidates falling under the domicile will have to produce
the certificate showing that they have lived for some time in Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates with permanent residence of Andhra Pradesh state are eligible.
- Minimum age of 21 years is required to be eligible for the exam.
- For Engineering courses:a minimum score of 50% or more is required in the qualifying examination (45% for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribes and Reserved Categories).
- For Pharmacy Courses:a minimum score of 55% or more is required in the qualifying examination (50% for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribes and other reserved categories).
- Those candidates appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Pattern
- In all the papers students shall be asked a maximum of 120 questions.
- Each question shall have four options and the candidate shall have to mark the correct one amongst them.
- In no circumstances, students shall be provided more than 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes to take the examination.
- The question paper shall be in English language.
AP PGECET 2019 Syllabus
AP PGECET is conducting exam in 14 streams and the syllabus vary as per the disciplines. Each candidate is supposed to prepare for the examination as per their own subject choice. A detailed syllabus can be downloaded from their official website sche.ap.gov.in and the topics mentioned under your paper name should be cover thoroughly.
AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card
Admit card shall be made available by the May 2019. Students can login to their portal and download the admit card. The window shall be made available once the admit cards are out. Students are advised to check if the information mentioned on the admit card is correct. They are advised to take a print out of their admit card as they shall be asked to produce it in the examination hall.
AP PGECET 2019 Mock Test
For the convenience of the students who are appearing for an online exam for the first time a mock test shall be conducted.
It will acquaint the candidates with the exam pattern by allowing them to finish the exam in the given time.
Candidates may resolve any query which they may have regarding the online mode examination.
AP PGECET 2019 Results
AP results are expected to be released in the month of April 2019. Candidates shall be given a rank percentile and qualifying status.
Candidates can find the results on their official website under the category ‘results’ once the results are declared.
Candidates are advised download the rank card for future references.
AP PGECET 2019 Counselling
Selected candidates shall be called for the counselling according to the merit list.
- Counselling for GATE and GPAT qualifiers shall be conducted separately.
- Candidates shall have to get their documents verified in an offline mode.
- Once the document verification is done candidates can proceed for web counselling.
Here are the names of the Universities accepting AP PGECET 2019 scores
- Acharya nagarjuna University, guntur
- JawaharLal Nehru Technical University, anantapur
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University, for anantapur
- Sri Venkateswara University, tirupati
- Andhra University, visakhapatnam
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Universit, kakinada
- Sri Padmavathi Mahila University, tirupati
- Adikavi nannaya university.