Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2019) is organised by IIT Madras this year. appsgate.iitm.ac.in official website where candidates can register as well as gain all the required information. Here we shall talk in detail about the various updates in the exam. It is a national Level Examination which is conducted to off for admissions into M.Tech / M.Sc. courses in Engineering Technology / Architecture and PhD.
GATE 2019 Latest Updates
- Download GATE 2019 Results Click Here
- GATE 2019 counselling has started.
- GATE 2019 Question and Final Answer Key Available Click Here
GATE 2019 Exam Dates
2019 exam dates have been announced given below is the updated and officials schedule.
|Online Application Form||1st September 2018|
|Last Date for Submission||22nd September 2018|
|Application correction||27th September 2018|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City||16th November 2018|
|Mock Test||3rd week of November 2018|
|Admit Card||4th January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||· 2nd & 3rd February (9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon) |
· 9th & 10th February 2019 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)
|Answer Key||Expected to be resealed after the examination|
|Results||16th March 2019|
|Score Card||20th March to 31st May 2019|
|Counselling||1st week of April 2019|
GATE 2019 Updated changes
This year round GATE 2019 examination has made certain changes here and are some quick updates on that.
A new paper Statistics with code ST has been added this year.
Students shall be allowed to submit the application form after the due date.
GATE 2019 Contact information
Organising chairman, Gate 2019,
Gate office, Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai 600036, Tamil Nadu
Contact Number- 044 2257 8200
Email ID- email@example.com
GATE 2019 Application form
- GATE 2019 application form has been made available at their official website from September 1st 2018. GATE online application processing system GOAPS can make it possible for the candidates to register themselves and save the application form through online mode.
- By providing email Id phone number and creating a password candidates can register themselves and generate a login ID for the website of GOAPS.
- Candidates can then move on to fill the application form by submitting the personal and academic details then uploading the scanned copy of photograph and signature in JPEG format.
- Candidates can now move on to submitting the application fee. Application fee can be paid through online mode as well as offline mode.
- Application fee is 1500 rupees for all the candidates except for women, SC/ST candidates for whom the fee is 750 rupees.
- Various modes of payment are available for the convenience of students including net banking/credit card/ debit card.
- Once the application procedure is over candidates have the option of checking their form status and confirming if it has been received by the authorities or not.
- Depending on the details that have been provided by the students in the application form shall one of the following categories be provided which includes ‘received’, ‘accepted’, ‘under scrutiny’, ‘defect status’ ‘status after rectification’, ‘rejected with valid reason’.
GATE 2019 Admit card
- Admit Cards can be downloaded from the online official website.
- A separate link shall be provided to the students from where they can download the admit card.
- Candidates must check for all the personal information on the admit card in case of any errors they are advised to inform to the authority immediately.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of gate admit card as they will have to produce it in the examination hall.
GATE 2019 Exam pattern
- It is an online computer Based exam.
- Exam shall be conducted for 24 papers and the exam pattern is different for different disciplines.
- There shall be a total number of 65 questions.
- The entire paper shall comprise of 100 marks.
- Students shall be given 3 hours’ time to complete the paper.
- The people shall be divided into 2 types of questions, first – objective type and second – numerical type.
- There shall be no choices provided in the numerical type questions. The answers shall have to be entered with the help of Virtual Calculator, manually.
GATE 2019 branches
Here is the list of all the papers that you could apply for-
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Evolution and Ecology
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
- Engineering Sciences
Gate 2019 results
All the candidates who qualify Gate 2019 will be able to download the score card from the official website after March 20th 2019.
They shall have to login to the online portal with the help of the registration number or Email Id.
Gate 2019 Scorecard
Those candidates who will be able to meet the cut off as per the university will be eligible to download the GATE score card.
The score card will be valid for 3 years.
Gate 2019 counselling
Counselling is to be held separately for the institutions like IITs and NITs.
After qualifying GATE examination candidate shall have to appear for group discussion/ personal interview session for admissions.
Centralised counselling shall be conducted M.Tech / M.Plan, for candidates seeking admissions in NIT and IIIT and other government funded colleges.
State universities shall have a separate procedure for granting admissions to the eligible candidates.
GATE Score Card: Other important benefits
- This national-level entrance test comes with its own perks. Candidates who have worked hard to crack this examination shall be able to go for higher studies from recognized institutions.
- Selected IIMs reserve seats for PhD programmes through GATE score card.
- It is easier to seek enrolment into Masters and PhD courses in institutions like IIT, NIT in India and abroad.
- GATE Score Card can also help you get various scholarships including MHRD, CSIR, JRF and SRF.
- It is possible to seek stipend in BARC.
- Public Sector Undertaking recruit candidates based on their score card.