IIT JAM 2019: The level of student’s mind cannot be sorted out but still, there are some exams which filter the most innovative and intelligent mind ever. Exams like IIT- JEE and IIT- JAM are the ones which are considered as one of the most-toughest exams of India. In this section, we will be talking about Joint Admission Test (JAM) which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) every year. JAM is generally a post-graduate schema for admissions into the M.Sc., Ph.D., Joint M.Sc., Dual degrees and other coursed at IITs. The dates for application form for the exam have been released by IIT Kharagpur.
IIT JAM 2019 NOTIFICATIONS
- IIT JAM Admit card is available, click here to download.
- The examination is scheduled to be conducted on 10th Feb, 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date
Joint Admission Test is enrolled by 5 lakh students every year. The basic criteria for the admission are simple and mentioned in this article but first of all, you need to know about the important dates for the JAM exam.
- The availability of the online application form is 5th September
- The last date of the submission of the application form is 12th October
- The admit card will be released on 4th January
- The availability of the mock test will be conducted on 10th January
- The official date of the IIT-JAM 2019 is 10th February
- Candidates can kindly response on 19th February
- The answer key is set to release on 25th February
- The results are most likely to be declared on 20th march, 2019.
- The rank and merit list of the candidate will be released by 5th April
- The score card will be released from 5th April to 31st July
- The admission form will be available for the year 2019 on 11th
- The last date for request in change in category will be till 7th may, 2019.
- The first admission list will be declared by 3rd June
IIT JAM 2019 APPLICATON FORM
- The mode specified for the submission of the form is online only. Candidates are requested to respond in accordance.
- The registration for JAM 2019 has already been started on 5th September
- There is a need to upload the original copy of photograph, signature & caste certificate (if applicable) through scanning process.
- The JAM Application correction will be provided soon after the last date of the enrollment. Kindly pursue for the mistakes (if committed) and give a final submission.
- For further references, one can also keep the print out of the application form.
- There is no offline mean, so one can send the hard copy of the application form to the mentioned authority. It would be considered as ‘NOT-REGISTERED’.
The fee for the exam can be easily paid through Net-Banking/debit-card/credit-card before the deadline. The fee structure is divided on the basics of sex category:
- The fee for One Test Paper for all female categories is 750 and for Two Test Paper is Rs. 1050.
- All other category (MALE), the fee for One Test Paper is 1000 and Two Test Paper is Rs. 2100.
IIT JAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2019
The most important thing that a candidate should consider is the eligibility criteria. Check whether you are fit for the exam or not:
- Nationality: Indian and foreign nationals are allowed to apply for the exam.
- Age Criteria: There is no Age Criteria as specified by IIT-JAM authority.
- Qualification Criteria: Candidate seeking for JAM must have a bachelor degree with at least 55% marks in the same (50% for SC/ST/PwD category).
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019
The details of the exam patter are broadly mentioned here:
- The mode of the exam is only computer-based. One can follow the same while executing.
- The exam will be organized into two different sessions i.e. 9 AM to 12 PM and 2 PM to 5 PM.
- The exam will comprise of three different patterns: MCQs, MSQs, and NAT (Numerical Answer Type).
- In total seven papers will be held for JAM exam.
- The duration of the exam will not be more than 3 hours.
- English will be the only medium of the exam.
- The question paper will comprise of 60 questions with a total of 100 marks.
- Negative marks will be deducted only in MCQs questions.
IIT JAM SYLLABUS 2019
The syllabus will be decided as per the Institution from 12+3 level. It would mainly comprise of subjects and sections like Biological Science, Biotechnology, Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematical Statistics, and Physics.
IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card
The dates as prescribed by IIT for the announcement of admit card is 4th January 2019. Candidates can simply download their admit card by entering the Email id and password. At the examination hall, there is a need for admit card and original Photo ID proof. Even, candidate’s fingerprint will be scanned for verification before one day of the exam.
Some Preparation tips for IIT JAM 2019
- Before your start preparing for the exam, analyze the syllabus well along with the pattern of the exam. Try to cover the most important part of the syllabus.
- The best way to calculate your strength is by solving previous year sample papers or question’s paper. This would help you to get through the FAQs in the last year.
- Another best way is to solve the online mock test papers for the preparations. Online system would help the freshers to accommodate with time and pattern.
- Try to make short formulas or notes for easy revision purposes. Capture each topic with at least basic knowledge. Easy notes would help you to access well before one day of the exam.
- You can get the best study material for JAM books both online and offline. One can choose the most recommended package.
- Keep yourself both physically and mentally healthy so as to accomplish the obsession to clear to the exam.