Fashion is a fascinated stream which is also on trend nowadays. NIFT 2019 is one of those exams being conducted in India to give flaws to the evergreen students who wants to set their scope to the world of fashion in future. The best institutes of India are chosen through NIFT Exam every year. The scope of fashion is beyond imagination. The exam is being conducted by National Institute of Fashion Technology. The courses opened for this exam will be B.F. Tech, MFM, M. Des, and B. Des. University will also organize two exams in the form of GAT and CAT.
Complete detail about NIFT 2019 is provided in article,
NIFT 2019 NOTIFICATION
- Result of Written Test for NIFT P.G. Courses (B.FTech., M.FTech. and M.F.M. Programmes) has been declared. Click Here
- Result of Written Test for NIFT (B.Des and M.Des. Programmes) has been declared. Click Here
- Download Revised NIFT (2019) Call Letter for Situtation Test. Click Here
NIFT 2019 IMPORTAMT DATES
One must mention and go through the important dates of NIFT 2019. Check the dates thoroughly as it is an official schedule of the exam:
- The online registration for the exam had been already started from 22nd October 2018. Students can enroll as soon as possible.
- The last date as prescribed for NIFT 2019 is 28th December 2018. Kindly keep in the mind the last date and fill your form before the deadline.
- If you have committed any sort of error in filling the form, then you can correct at specific window called Application correction window which would start from 29th December to 3rd January 2019.
- The last date for NIFT 2019 registration with the late fee is 3rd January 2019.
- Admit card for NIFT 2019 will be released on 10th January 2019.
- The date of the exam for NIFT 2019 is 20th January 2019.
- The results will be declared as estimated on February/March 2019.
- Foreign Nationals and NRIs can submit the form till 30th April 2019.
- The release of call letter will be initiated from 4th week of March.
- The situation test, interview, and group discussion will start from February 2019.
- The final counselling for NIFT 2019 begins from June 2019.
NIFT 2019 APPLICATION FORM
- The mode for filling the examination form for NIFT 2019 is only online.
- There is no chance for offline filling the form.
- The application form filling criteria has already been started from 22nd October 2018.
- The correction window will be initiated after the last date of registration for any correction purposes. Kindly refer it on time.
- The last and strict date for submitting the form without any fine is 28th December 2019.
- For future references, one can take the printout or hardcopy of the complete application form.
- If the candidate is filling the required fee through DD, then he/she must attach the DD with the complete form and send it to the address provided on the website.
The various modes for filling the fees for NIFT 2019 are debit or credit card, demand draft (DD). The DD is to be drawn in the favor of ‘NIFT HO’ which is payable at New Delhi.
- The fee structure for the category- General/OBC/NCL:
- The fee structure for other categories- SC/ST/PWD:
NIFT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2019
NIFT offers various UG and PG courses as per eligible criteria. For enrolling any course, a candidate must fulfil the mentioned criteria:
- For B. Des
- The age limit for this course is set to be 23 years. It will be applicable from 1st October 2018.
- For SC/PWD/ST category candidates, five years relaxation will be provided in the upper age limit.
- The candidates who hold 10+2, 3 or 4 years degree/diploma, GCE exam are eligible to apply for NIFT 2019.
- The candidates who had appeared in the qualifying exam can also apply for the same.
- For PG Courses
- The age limit has no barrier for PG courses.
- For M. Des/MFM, a candidate must hold a UG degree/diploma from NID/NIFT.
- For M.F. Tech, a candidate must hold a degree of B.F. Tech from NIFT.
NIFT Exam Pattern
The proper exam pattern for the NIFT 2019 is provided below. Please read it carefully:
- The mode of the examination will be carried out through pen and paper.
- There are two papers namely GAT and CAT for the NIFT 2019 (as applicable).
- The language of the exam would be English only as prescribed by the board.
- Not more than 120 minutes will be granted for M. Des & B. Des (NIFT Exam).
- No negative marking will be there for the exam.
NIFT 2019 SYLLABUS
The syllabus is mainly divided into 2 sections: GAT and CAT. The syllabus of GAT for the course M. Des and B. Des will comprise of Quantitative ability, Analytical ability, English comprehension, current affairs, and General knowledge.
CAT’s syllabus will be judging the power and the ability to observe different concepts and development. It would also measure the design ability, illustration skills, and innovative color use.
NIFT 2019 Admit Card
The announcement of admit card for NIFT 2019 is 10th January 2019. Candidates can enroll for their respective admit cards online. A hard copy of the admit card would be needed as the source of entry in the examination hall.
Preparation Tips for Students
- A candidate must be well aware of the latest syllabus before start preparing for NIFT.
- Try to evolve the basic of each topic through notes; these notes would help you to revise easily one day before the exam.
- A candidate can buy the last year papers of NIFT and solve them thoroughly. It would help to build a strong base of the subject.
- The syllabus mainly comprises of quantitative and analytical ability, so try to work through various competitive books available in the market.
- FAQs must be understood well for every topic. It would also clear your doubt about that topic.
- Stay active as well as up to date both physically, mentally so as to remain fit for any consequences.