PGCET 2021 Overview
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Examination will be organized by Karnataka Examination Authority. It is a state level entrance examination commenced for offering Post-graduate full time MBA, MCA, M.E, M.tech and M.Arch courses to the aspiring students. PGCET 2021 is likely to be conducted in the month of July 2021. Qualified candidates can take admission at any public or private institution of their choice.
Every year thousands of students take part in this state level examination. Any Indian citizen can apply for PGCET. Here, in this article we have mentioned details about PGCET registration process, Eligibility criteria, admit card, examination pattern, latest notifications, etc.
PGCET 2021 Highlights
|Name of examination||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test.|
|Exam conducting authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).|
|Type of Exam||State Level Examination|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Duration of examination||150 minutes (Two and a half Hours)|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Courses offered under this examination||MBA, M.Arch, M.Tech/M.E and MCA.|
|PGCET 2021 Official website||Kea.kar.nic.in|
PGCET 2021 Exam Dates
|Registration starts from||3rd week of May, 2021.|
|Last date of registration||1st week of June, 2021.|
|Admit will be card released on||4th week of June, 2021.|
|Last date of downloading admit card||1st week of July, 2021.|
|PGCET examination date||1st week of July, 2021.|
|Answer key will be released||2ndweek of July, 2021.|
|Announcement of Results||3rd week of August, 2021.|
|Counselling starts from||1st week of September, 2021.|
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria plays an important role in finding the eligible candidates from the rest of others. Therefore, it is compulsory to fulfill the eligibility criteria, if you are seeking admission to top management colleges of Karnataka. Karnataka 2021 eligibility criteria is give below;
- Only Indian candidates are eligible for this examination.
- Students from other states of India can apply but they are not eligible for reservation. However for reservation Non-Karnataka students must hold a Domicile Certificate of Karnataka.
- Candidates seeking MBA admission must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. On the other hand, for MCA, candidates must have bachelor degree in Mathematics/Statics and for M.E/M.Arch/M.Tech courses, candidates must have M.Sc./B.E/B.Tech or equivalent degree.
- For MBA courses, candidates of general category must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks and 45% marks is required for reserved category candidates.
- For MCA and M.Tech/M.Arch/M.E courses, General category candidates must have secured 50% marks and 45% marks for reserved category candidates.
- Non-Karnataka candidates must have a valid GATE score.
PGCET 2021 Registration Process
Karnataka PGCET application form will be available from the third week of May, 2021. It includes your basic details, qualification, academic details, address information, etc. Filling an application form is an online process. So we have mentioned step by step the complete procedure of registration.
- First of all you have to open an official website. Now, the first step is registration, you have to fill your name, phone number, email ID, gender, Date of Birth, etc. After successfully registering you will be provided by a confirmation email on your registered mail address.
- Next step is to fill an application, fill in the information asked in the application form. Provide accurate information because management doesn’t provide any correction window for making chances. You have to enter your personal and academic details, higher qualification, caste, religion, for which program you are applying, communication details, etc.
- In the third step, you have to upload scanned copies of your documents. Also your thumb impression, certificates, academic certificates, signature and recently clicked photograph. After uploading, submit the application form. Take a print out of application form for future reference.
- Now, you have to complete the procedure by making payment. Application fees are paid by online payment methods. It can also be paid by bank. All you need is to submit the generated challan in the bank.
PGCET 2021 Application fees
Application fees are different category wise. It cannot be refunded by the management.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
Admit card is a necessary document to be carried at the examination hall. It acts as the entry ticket for applicants. Admit cards for the session 2021-2022 will be released on the official website of KEA. It will be available from the 4th week of June, 2021. It includes your application number, date & time, center, name of candidate, DoB, Address, program type, etc. Steps to download admit card are mentioned below;
- Candidates have to visit the official website.
- Click on Download PGCET 2021 Admit card button.
- Your admit card will appear in PDF format on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out.
PGCET 2021 Examination Pattern
Examination pattern of PGCET 2021 is very simple and similar to other competitive examinations. But it doesn’t mean that it’s easy, you need constant 6-8 hours of tough preparation to qualify the examination.
- PGCET is an offline examination. It means it is a Pen-paper based test.
- Total time provided for solving the question paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Question paper carries objective type queries.
- There will be two sections in the question paper that is part A and part B.
- Question paper will be in English medium.
- Subjects covered in the examination are Physics, chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Maximum marks of examination is 100 marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
Parts in different courses, Questions and Marks
|Courses and Parts||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|MBA-Part A and B||100 question |
50 questions in part A
50 questions in part B
|MCA Part A and B||80 Questions|
60 questions in part A
20 questions in part B
|100 marks. |
60 marks, 1 mark for each question in part A.
40 marks, 2 marks for each question in part B.
|M.Tech/ M.Arch/M.E Part A and B||75 Questions|
50 questions in part A
25 questions in part B
50 marks, 1 mark for each question in part A.
50 marks, 2 marks for each question in part B.
PGCET 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus varies as per the courses chosen by the candidate. You can also check the syllabus on the official website.
MBA Course– question paper contains queries form English grammar, vocabulary and literature section, General awareness, general knowledge, reasoning and quantitative analysis.
MCA course– General Awareness, General English, Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, and Mathematics.
M.Tech/M.Arch/M.E– Syllabus varies as per program type. Moreover, 60 queries are from technical subjects and rest of questions are from quantitative aptitude, arithmetic, English and reasoning.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Results
Results of PGCET 2021 will be announced in the 3rd week of August, 2021. The results will be released online on the official website. No offline mode is entertained by management. Candidates can check their results by entering login credentials. Download your scorecard and take a print out for the counselling procedure.
Managing authority will release a course wise merit list after announcing results. Candidates have to secure minimum cut-off marks for securing admission.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling
Counselling procedure for session 2021-2022 will be started from the first week of September, 2021. It will be conducted online, therefore counselling schedule will be provided soon on the official website. You have to carry all required documents along with you during counselling.
- Try to cover all the subjects in a week.
- Make a simple schedule for daily routine.
- Collaborate with different test papers that are available online for free.
- You can prepare as many as online papers for best preparation.
- Don’t forget to download and analyze the latest syllabus of PGCET 2021.
- For General knowledge, start reading books and news that contains recent plans of general awareness.
- Logical Reasoning is one of the hard parts of the syllabus. It would be good if you focus more on this subject.