MAT 2019 is going to be conducted by All India Management Association. Management Aptitude Test is considered as a national level entrance test conducted 4 times a year. The admissions to various PG courses like PGDM and MBA are accepted by MAT score. There are other many B schools which seek admissions for these courses by the MAT score of the candidate. Every year more than 5 lakh students sit for MAT. It is the platform where you can establish your career as a professional.
The complete information about MAT 2019 along with its admission procedure is provided in this article.
MAT NOTIFICATIONS 2019
The dates for the February exam have been released. The registration will start from 3rd week of December 2018. The last date for the filling the online form is still the 4th week of January 2019.
MAT is conducted 4 times in 4 different months in a year. The months are February, September, May, and December. The dates for the exam to be held in February are released. Students must check all the dates before applying for the application form:
- The start date of application form will be initiated from the 3rd week of December 2018.
- The last date for filling the form for February exam (PBT) will end by the 4th week of January 2019.
- The last date for filling the form for February exam (CBT) will end by 2nd week of February 2019.
- The Admit cards for MAT 2019 can be issued by the 4th week of January 2019.
- The date of the exam as prescribed by the management board for PBT exam will fall in the 1st week of February 2019.
- The date of exam for CBT will fall in the last week of February 2019.
- MAT 2019 results are likely to be declared by last week of February 2019.
MAT 2019 REGISTRATION
The registration process must be taken in accordance. The procedure is provided by the managerial board. Please note down various points of the Registration process:
- The registrations for MAT 2019 can be done online only. This facility will be available on the official website.
- As mentioned above, the registration date for the February exam will fall in the 3rd week of December 2018.
- The last date to apply or PBT February exam will be the last week of January 2019 and the second week of February 2019 for the CBT exam.
- The scanned signature and photos of the candidate must be genuine and clear. The application can be rejected if they are not clear enough. These pictures are to be uploaded in the registration form.
- The MAT score for admission can be sent to five Institute of India. The option for filling up the Institute will be provided in the form.
- The status can be checked by the applicant after submitting the form for MAT 2019.
The application fee is in accordance with the exam. The fee for all categories is Rs. 2650 (For both CBT and PBT) and Rs. 1550 for either CBT or PBT.
The fee can be paid by credit card/net banking/debit card.
MAT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The eligibility criteria for MAT 2019 are strict and must be followed to sit in the exam. Every management institute carries its own eligibility criteria.
The criteria for admission are,
- The applicant who is applying must have a bachelor/graduate degree from a well-recognized institute.
- The age limit has no restriction for maximum age. One can apply only 4 times a year.
- The candidates who are in the final year of their graduation can also apply for MAT 2019.
- There is no limit to apply for MAT but in a year only 4 attempts can be taken.
MAT EXAM PATTERN
The various aspects of the exam must be well-checked for MAT 2019:
- The mode of conduction for MAT exam will be both online and offline.
- The total time duration will not exceed more than 150 minutes.
- The questions will be in the format of multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- 200 questions will be asked in the examination.
- There will be 5 sections in which the exam will be divided:
Subjects Questions Time (in min)
Indian & Global Environment 40 15
Language Comprehension 40 30
Intelligence & Critical reasoning 40 30
Mathematical skills 40 40
Data Analysis 40 35
MAT 2019 Syllabus
There is no particular syllabus provided by the authority but the candidates are instructed to prepare the subjects that will be included in MAT 2019.
The subjects are:
- Mathematical skills
- Indian and Global Environment
- Data analysis and sufficiency
- Language comprehension
- Intelligence and critical reasoning
The MAT score serves as the source of admission for the candidate. Different Management Institutes have different admission criteria. Candidates can approach with their scorecard to the MIS. Now, the selection process will comprise Personal interview/Written Ability Test and Group Discussion. The final admission will be done on the basis of the overall performance in the exam and different rounds.
MAT 2019 SCORECARD
The scorecard will be released after four weeks from the date of the exam. The scorecard will be sent by post to each candidate who will be valid for that academic year.
The tips for preparation are listed below. Candidates need to prepare well before the exam:
- The schedule time and equal preparation for each subject must be formulated for easy interpretation.
- Self-study has always proved to be the best. Give yourself time and prepare for the exam alone. Solve last 10 years question papers in advance.
- Try to practice the latest mock papers which would help in preparing the latest questions. It would also increase the speed of solving different questions.
- Last 3 to 4 days must be assigned for revision which is the most important study before the actual exam.
- Keep yourself motivated for the exam. Never indulge in negative thoughts and have positive thoughts.