Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) is a state level examination of Karnataka. Every year it is being conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority. The University offers admission to the candidates in MCA/MBA/M. Arch/M. E/M. TECH. Also, lateral entry for the MCA course is available. PGCET 2019 is a gateway for the candidates to apply for their future institute of Karnataka. The main focus in the management course is MBA. If you wish to apply for the PG courses in the Institutes of Karnataka, then apply for the same as registrations are soon going to be closed.
Varieties of details are provided in this article about PGCET 2019,
PGCET NOTIFICATIONS 2019
The opening date for filling the application form will start from 3rd week of May 2019.
The closing date for submitting the form for PGCET 2019 may fall in the 1st week of June.
PGCET 2019 Exam Date
A tentative schedule has been prepared in accordance with the last year examination. The date may change but got through these dates properly.
- The opening of registration will start from the 3rd week of May 2019.
- The application forms are to be closed by the 1st week of June 2019.
- The hall ticket or admit card can be downloaded by the 4th week of June 2019.
- The exam date of PGCET 2019 is most likely to fall in the 1st week of July.
- The release of answer key will be initiated by 2nd week of July 2019.
- The results will be declared by 3rd week of August 2019.
- The commencement of counseling will take place from the 1st week of September 2019.
PGCET 2019 REGISTRATION PROCESS
The eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidate before they start registering. The registration process for PGCET 2019 is given below:
- The filling of the application form will take place in online mode only.
- By the third week of May 2019, the registration for the application form will come into online mode.
- The online form for PGCET 2019 will end by the 1st week of June 2019.
- The details must be filled in the given format.Correct details should be filled by the candidate.
- The authenticity is managed by the upload of genuine photo and signature. Please make sure that you don’t do any mistake in the application form.
- Click on the submit button when you are done with all the details.
For each course, a payment of Rs. 650/- will have to be made by the candidates of General and OBC category. The fee for the candidates of ST/SC category is Rs. 500/-.
The application fee will have to be paid through deposition of the challan in any branch of ‘STATE BANK OF MYSORE’.
There are E-payment post offices available for the payment.
PGCET 2019 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Check out every point of eligibility criteria that are needed to appear in PGCET 2019.
- Both the candidates of Karnataka and Non-Karnataka can apply for it.
- The categories like SC/ST/OBC/Category 1 are only applicable to Karnataka candidates.
- The domicile of Karnataka should be present with the candidate.
- Appearing candidates can also find a way to apply for the exam.
- There are various courses available like MCA, MBA, MCA Lateral Entry, M. TECH, M.E., M. Arch.
- The candidate must have passed a UG degree from a recognized board.
- The minimum marks are subjected to 50% for General category and 45% for ST, SC, and Category 1 candidates.
PGCET EXAM PATTERN
The exam pattern is changed from this year. Kindly be updated to the new pattern for PGCET:
- An only offline mode is entertained for the exam.
- The English Language will be the main language for the question paper.
- The total marks to be awarded are 100.
- The whole exam will not extend more than 150 minutes.
- No negative marking scheme is there for the wrong answers.
- MBA 100
- MCA 80
- M.TECH/M.ARCH/M.E. 75
PGCET 2019 SYLLABUS
The official syllabus is yet to be delivered but still, the candidates can go through various required topics. For each course, the syllabus would be different. Some of the main subjects that to be included are:
- Verbal Ability: one-word substitution,synonyms, phrases, idioms, antonyms.
- General Knowledge: social events, management, economics, Indian Business Environment, global environment, cultural events.
- Logical Reasoning: Analogy, Logic, Puzzles, Diagrams.
- Quantitative Analysis: Statistics, data analysis, arithmetic, interpretation,aspects, etc.
PGCET ADMIT CARD
From 4th week of June 2019, the hall tickets will be made available to be downloaded from the website. Candidate can enter the registration id and password to access the admit card. This card is very important for the entrance hall. You will also have to take an ID proof in reference to the identification.
PGCET 2019 Counseling Process
The counseling session for Karnataka PGECT 2019 will start from the first week of September 2019. The candidate will have to be at the prescribed place with documents. The original documents will be verified before giving a seat to any candidate. The different documents required are:
- Admission Ticket
- Application Form printout
- SSLC Marksheet
- Study Certificate
- Mark sheet of the qualifying exam
- Caste certificate
- 2 photographs
- Degree certificate
The preparation tips are mandatory to be followed if you are serious about your studies.
- Make a simple schedule for daily routine. Try to cover all the subjects in a week.
- Collaborate with different test papers that are available online for free. You can prepare as many as online papers for best preparation.
- Don’t forget to download and analyze the latest syllabus of PGCET 2019.
- Logical Reasoning is one of the hard parts of the syllabus. It would be good if you focus more on this subject.
- For General knowledge, start reading books and news that contains recent plans of general awareness.