JIPMER 2019 which stands for Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research is a national level entrance exam which is conducted for students who wish to pursue their career in the medical field. The complete name of this examination is JIPMER MBBS as it provides admission to the MBBS course in JIPMER Puducherry which has 150 seats and JIPMER Karaikal which has 50 seats and hence the total seats for this course are 200 in number. The duration of this course is 4 years and 6 months followed by 1 year of compulsory rotational internship
Recent update about JIPMER MBBS 2019?
Beginning with the year 2019, JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam will be held online in two shifts on June 2, 2019. Where the timings of the first shift are from 10 am to 12.30 pm and the second shift will be from 3 pm to 5.30 pm. Also the fee for the application form has increased as earlier.
- JIPMER 2019 Admit Card available from 20 May 2019. To download Click Here
- JIPMER 2019 examination date for MBBS course, the exam will be conducted on 2nd June 2019.
JIPMER 2019 Exam Dates
The complete table below mentions all the important date for JIPMER 2019 and the candidates are required to go through them for ease.
|S.No||JIPMER MBBS 2019 Events||Dates|
|1.||Start of the online registration for the exam||6th March, 2019|
|2.||Last date to submit the application form is||12th April, 2019|
|3.||Issuance of admit card||20 May – 02 June, 2019|
|4.||JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance exam date||02 June, 2019|
|5.||Merit list will be announced on||21 June, 2019|
|6.||Counselling round 1||26th to 28th June 2019|
|7.||Counselling round 2||24th July, 2019|
|8.||Counselling round 3||21st August, 2019|
|9.||Final counselling||26th Sept, 2019|
|10.||Admission for MBBS 2019 closes on||30th Sept, 2019|
JIPMER Exam Notification
Check out official exam date notification-
JIMPER 2019 Eligibility
Following are the conditions which must be satisfied by the candidate in order to sit for this examination:
- The candidate should be of Indian Nationality. However NRI and OCI candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum age of the candidate for this examination should be 17 years i.e he must have been born on or before 1st January 2003. Also no upper limit for age has been specified and there is no age relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved category.
- Candidates should have studied and appearing/passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other elective with English as subjects. The minimum score which must have been obtained by the candidate in 10+2 examination should be 50% for general category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC/OPH category.
Check – JIPMER 2019 Eligibility criteria
JIPMER 2019 Syllabus
The question paper will cover the question from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and also few questions from Logical and quantitative reasoning. Hence subjects’ wise topics are given below for the ease of the candidates to prepare according to the syllabus.
- Solid State
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Cell Structure and Function
- Ecology and Environment
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text
JIPMER 2019 Application Form
The details of the application process have been announced by JIPMER. Hence the candidates can register online on the official website and hence can fill in the application form starting from date 6th March to 12th April 2019. No offline forms are to be submitted. The filling up of the application form involves registration, entering the details that are about personal, educational and professional details, uploading of the photograph, signature and thumb impression, reviewing and checking for the errors if occurred and hence paying the fees in the online mode.
Once the form is filled and submitted, no corrections like change in the name, age, DOB can be done at a later stage. Therefore the candidates are advised to be careful while filling up the form and the details correctly.
Check – JIPMER MBBS application form 2019
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Application Fee
The fee has to be paid only in the online mode and not in any other mode.
Below is the complete fee structure for the different category candidates:
|Category||JIPMER MBBS 2017 Application Fee||Mode of Payment|
|General (UR) / OBC )||INR 1500+Transaction Charges||Through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card|
|OPH||Exempted for application fee|
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted from paying fee amount|
Key Points of JIPMER MBBS 2019 Application Procedure:
- Fresh application with another payment has to be made on-line.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case.
- The candidates are advised to keep the hard copy of the filled and submitted application form with them for future references.
- The candidates should note that once the application form is rejected due to any circumstances, no request for the reconsideration will be entertained.
JIPMER 2019 Examination Pattern
The exam will be conducted online in a computer based mode in two shifts. The total number of questions is 200 and they will be objective in nature. The duration of the exam will be 2.5 hours for each shift.
- Language: The language of the question paper will be English.
- No. of Questions: There will be 200 multiple choice questions.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in this exam.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct response.
The MBBS exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
JIPMER 2019 Admit card
The candidates will be able to download their admit cards from 3rd week of May onwards and the last date for downloading the admit card is 2nd June before the commencement of the exam on the same date. No offline admit cards will be sent to the candidates through post, courier or any other means. The admit card contains the details about the name of the candidate, venue of the examination, date and time of the exam, roll number of the candidate etc and are required to be carried to the examination centre.
Steps to Download JIPMER admit card
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link which says Download the admit card and this link will be activated on or after 3rd week of May.
- Enter the date of birth and the login password of the candidate which was given at the time of registration.
- Admit card of the candidate will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it and keep it safely for future references.
JIPMER 2019 Result
Result for the exam which will be held on 2nd June 2019 is to be declared on 3rd Week of June 2019 on the official website of JIPMER. Candidates are required to login using their credentials and check their result. Once the results are announced the merit list will be prepared according to the percentiles scored by the candidates. Merit list will be according to the category of the candidate whether he/she belongs to reserved or unreserved category. Only the candidates who qualify and secure more marks than the cutoff marks will be considered for the merit list.
Below mentioned are the minimum percentiles to be obtained by the candidate to fall under the merit list.
|SC/ ST/ OBC/-OPH||40|
Steps to check the JIPMER Result
- Candidates are required to visit the official website.
- Click on the link to check results, the link will be activated.
- Enter the roll number, password of the candidate and the security check which comes up for verification
- Click on Submit.
- The Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the result and save it for future references.
JIPMER Cut off 2019
The cut off score are the minimum qualifying marks a candidate has to obtain in order to pass the entrance examination and secure a place in the merit list. Also the qualifying marks will depend upon the factors such as number of applicants, availability of the seats and difficulty level of exam etc.
JIPMER 2019 Counseling
The counseling for JIPMER 2019 is to be conducted after the results and merit list of the candidates is prepared. There will be three rounds of counseling and the mode of counseling will be offline that is at the university campus, Puducherry. Hence the candidates are required to download their JIPMER 2019 counseling letters from the website and carry this letter to the campus along with other documents and their original copies like mark sheets of 10+2 examination, score card etc. The medical of the candidate will also be conducted at the counseling and if the candidate is found medically then he/she will be required to deposit the fee immediately.
Round wise counseling dates are mentioned below
|Counseling round 1||26th – 28th June 2019|
|Counseling round 2||24th July 2019|
|Counseling round 3||21st August 2019|
|Final round||26th September 2019|
The candidates are required to undergo Biometric finger print and image verification before the commencement of the counseling. In case of any mismatch in the biometric finger print and image of the candidate, such candidates will not be considered for counseling.