NEET 2019 notification will be released by National Testing Agency (NTA). From the year 2019 NTA is authorized to conduct National eligibility entrance test (NEET-UG) for admission in medical and dental courses i.e. MBBS/BDS. NTA has confirmed, the NEET 2019 will be conducted once in a year and the mode of examination will be offline. So medical aspirants should not confuse regarding the mode of examination, for latest updates you may visit NTA official website (the conducting authority of NEET).
NEET (National eligibility cum entrance test) is national level medical entrance examination for admission to MBBS/BDS course in all government & private medical colleges of India except AIIMS and JIPMER. No admission will be authorized without qualifying the entrance examination.
NTA has already notified NEET exam date which is 5th May 2019 however the online application will be available from 1st November to 30th November 2018. Candidate who will apply for exam will be able to download NEET admit card 2019 from 15th April onwards. There are lots of confusion in medical aspirants related to mode of examination and number of attempts etc, don’t worry we will update you about every happening of NEET 2019. Continue visit us for latest updates.
NEET 2019 Notification (Updates)
- NTA has released revised notification and the exam will be conducted once in a year as previous year pattern.
- The mode of examination will be offline (Pen & Paper based).
- The online application will start from 1st Nov and continues to 30th November 2018. The examination is scheduled to be conducted on 5th May 2019.
Must know these latest updates about NEET
However these updates were announced previous year and also application for NEET-2019-
- The Aadhar number is not mandatory to fill online application, candidate may use any ID proof to complete application form.
- The number of NEET attempt has been removed and candidate may appear unlimited times as his age limit.
- Candidates who want to pursue MBBS in foreign countries, must qualify NEET entrance examination, since 2018.
- NTA has started their own teaching center to prepare medical aspirants for NEET-UG and the good news is that coaching will be free.
- Candidate who have passed qualifying examination from NIOS or private mode are not eligible to appear in NEET UG.
NEET 2019 Exam Date
Checkout important events and date
|Availability of online application||1st November 2018|
|Last date to apply online||30th November 2018|
|Correction in application form||December 2018|
|Download admit card||15th April 2019 onwards|
|NEET exam date||5th May 2019|
|Result announcement||5th June 2019|
|Counselling starts||After result announcement|
Who can apply for NEET 2019 (Eligibility Criteria)
Candidate must qualify required eligibility criteria to appear in NEET-
Aspirant must be 17 year old as 31st December, 2019.
The upper age limit is 25 years for General category however SC/ST & OBC candidate may apply up 30 years.
Following are eligible to apply-
- Indian Nationals
- Nonresident Indians (NRI)
- Person of Indian origin (PIOs)
- Overseas citizen of India (OCIs)
- Foreign Nationals
Educational Qualification (Qualifying exam)
Candidate must have passed or appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board.
Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Bio/Biotechnology with English as compulsory subject.
Minimum 50% marks required for unreserved, 45% for PH and 40% for SC/ST in Physics, chemistry and Bio taken together.
NEET Application Fees
Candidate who want to apply for NEET 2019 are required to pay prescribed application fee of Rs.1400/ for General and OBC category candidates. SC/ST and PH candidates will pay Rs.750. The application fee can be paid online through available payment gateway using net-banking, credit or debit cards, UPI and e-wallet.
Check NEET application fees as per category-
General & OBC – Rs.1400/-
SC/ST/PH candidates – Rs.750/-
NEET 2019 Application form
It is mandatory to submit online application via online mode and no mode of application will be entertained. Candidate must fill application carefully according given instructions. It is recommended to read complete notification in detail before proceeding for application. There are few steps to complete the online application submission-
- Make sure the mode of application is online only.
- The online application will be available from 1st November 2018.
- The online application can be filled at NTA official website nta.ac.in
- Fill application form carefully before the last date else you may face server issue problems.
- Upload photo sign and other relevant document if required.
- Pay prescribed application fees as per your category ie. General, OBC, SC/ST/PH etc.
- Remember your user id and password for further reference.
- Take a printout of system generated application form for further use.
NEET UG application correction window
There will be one time opportunity for candidate to correct the application incase wrong submission of application. The correction will be done online only.
The correction window will open in December 2018 to edit some fields. Candidate may change following details through correction window-
- Date of birth
- Identification identity
- State code
- Medium of question paper
- Exam center
- Parents name & percentage in qualifying examination.
NEET Exam Pattern 2019
Must notice following points about exam pattern-
The mode of examination will be offline (Pen & Paper based only).
- There will be objective type question.
- The duration of exam is 3 hours
- Total number of questions are 180
- Languages – The medium of question paper will be in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assami Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannad.
- Marking system – 4 marks will be rewarded for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted on wrong answer (Negative marksing).
Check following table to check subject wise questions to be asked-
|Total||180 Questions||720 Marks|
NEET 2019 Syllabus
Medical council of India has prescribed examination syllabus for NEET examination. The questions will be asked from PCB group (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) subjects. Read following topics-
|· Physical world and measurement|
· Laws of Motion
· Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
· Properties of Bulk Matter
· Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
· Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
· Electromagnetic Waves
· Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
· Electronic Devices, etc.
|· Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
· Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
· States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
· p-Block Elements
· Solid State
· Surface Chemistry
· p-Block Elements
· Coordination Compounds
· Phenols and Ethers
· Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
|· Diversity in Living World|
· Cell Structure and Function
· Human Physiology
· Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
· Plant Physiology
· Biology and Human Welfare
· Ecology and Environment
· Genetics and Evolution
· Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
NEET 2019 Admit card
National Testing Agency will release admit card to those candidates who have applied online for NEET-UG. The admit card will be available to download from 15th April 2019 onwards. The examination is scheduled to be conducted on 5th May 2019.
How to download NEET admit card 2019?
- Visit NTA official website, click on medical exam section.
- Click on download admit card link
- Enter login credential and download admit card.
- You may direct print it or keep in PDF format. All important details will be mentioned in admit card along with exam details.
NEET Answer Key 2019
NTA will release the answer key along with question paper. The answer key will be published online within a week after the NEET exam.
There will be facility to challenge against answer key with prescribed application fee of Rs.1000/-.
Answer key challenge can be done though NTA web portal using registration number and password.
NEET Result 2019
NTA has declared all important events and dates.
Those candidates who have appeared in the examination may check their result on NTA official website.
- The NTA will announce result on 5th June 2019.
- Candidates will be able to check their result by entering roll number an date of birth.
- Take the printout of NEET score card it will be required in counseling process.
- After the result declaration, category wise cut off will be announced.
NEET Counselling 2019
After the result and declaration of cutoff counselling process will start. The counselling will be held online only.
All India 15% quota counselling for central and deemed universities will be organized by Medical council committee (MCC), complete detailed notification will be published on MCC site.
State level counseling will be organized by respective state’ director of medical education separately.
To participate in any counselling candidate need to register on respective state website or MCC and pay prescribed counselling fees.
After the registration, candidate may fill their college choices. Candidates will get allotment according NEET score 2019 and availability of seats in medical colleges.
Complete schedule of NEET 2019 counseling has not been published, as soon as NTA announces it will be updated here.