NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Know Latest Updates

neet eligibility

NEET Eligibility criteria 2022 has been announced by National Testing Agency (NTA). neet eligibilityCandidates who want to apply for NEET exam must meet with required prescribed eligibility criteria.  It is required to read eligibility section carefully before processing to next steps, else you will waste your time and money both.

NEET is the national entrance examination conducted by NTA from 2022. Candidate must qualify the entrance exam to get admission in MBBS/BDS in government or private medical colleges in India. Since 2018, NEET qualifying score is mandatory to take admission in foreign universities.

Know latest eligibility criteria to appear in NEET-UG 2022.

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022

Age limit

Aspirants must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December of admission year (2022).

When we talk about upper age limit, student who belong to general category may apply up to 25 years and SC/ST/OBC may appear up to 30 years of age.


  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply.

 Educational Qualification criteria

Aspirants must have passed or appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognised board.

Subjects & minimum marks– candidate must have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as mandatory subject with at least 50% marks for general, 45% for General PH, 40% for SC/ST/OBC & SC/ST/OBC PH candidates as well taken together.

Candidates who are appearing in 10+2 examination may also apply, they don’t need to enter their percentage of marks during filling NEET application form.

Candidates who have passed 10+2 from NIOS, Open schooling or private mode are not eligible to apply.

Eligibility Criteria to Participate in NEET counselling

For Jammu & Kashmir State-

Students who belong to J&K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats. They are eligible for 15% AIQ seats only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self-declaration.

Students from the States Jammu and Kashmir can appear in NEET exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.

For Andhra Pradesh & Telangana State-

From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana state joins and contribute to the 15% All India Quota seats.

Candidates from these states are now eligible for 15% AIQ seats with any self-declaration.

Eligibility Criteria for 85% State Quota Seats

All the states participating in the NEET 2022 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralised counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:

  • Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
  • Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
  • Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.

NEET 2019


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here