About SAT Exam
SAT which stands for Scholastic Aptitude Test and Scholastic Assessment Test) is an international level entrance test which is conducted to evaluates a candidate’s knowledge in reading, writing and quantitative aptitude and also other specialized subjects. This test is conducted to provide admissions to undergraduate programs in United States and other countries and hence is taken by junior and senior high school students and is based on subjects taught in high school programs.
SAT is owned, published, and developed by the College Board, a private, non-profit organization in the United States. Talking about the current year that is 2018, SAT test 2018 is of two types: SAT Reasoning Test or SAT and SAT Subjects Test., SAT 2018 is offered seven times each year in the US and six times internationally. Candidates can sit for the SAT test 2018-19 in October, November, December, January, March, May and June.
SAT 2018 Eligibility
As per the eligibility for SAT 2018 is concerned, there are no specific criteria and age limit for taking SAT Test 2018-19. However being an undergraduate programme admission test, students are advised to take the test when they are in senior high school.
SAT 2018/2019 Registration
Registration for SAT 2018-19 can be done online or by email. The detailed process is listed below:
SAT registration 2018-19 – Online
The complete SAT 2018/2019 registration process is explained below:
- Personal Details-the candidates who wish to sit for SAT 2018/2019 are required to provide their personal details while registering.
- Creation of student profile-creating a student profile ensures that the conducting body shares the information of the student with the universities.
- Selection of test centre –Students can choose their test date and test centre by using the area zip code to find the nearest available center.
- Upload of the photo-Candidates must upload a latest photo which shows only them and not anyone else.
- Final Run through –Once all the steps are complete, students must make sure they go through the entire process to check for any errors.
To Register online – Click Here
Registration through Email: email registration is done in the following cases:
- Pay by check or money order (payable to “The College Board”).
- The age of the student is less than 13 years old.
- Registering for Sunday testing for the first time.
- Requesting the College Board to open a test center near student’s home.
- Cannot upload a digital photo as part of the online SAT registration 2018/2019 process.
SAT Exam Dates and Deadlines for 2018–2019
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline via Mail||Late Registration Deadline through Online/Phone Registrations||Multiple Choice Score Release Dates||Essay Score Release Dates|
|October 6, 2018||September 7, 2018||September 18, 2018||September 26, 2018||October 19, 2018||October 21, 2018|
|November 3, 2018||October 5, 2018||October 16, 2018||October 24, 2018||November 16, 2018||November 18, 2018|
|December 1, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 13, 2018||November 20, 2018||December 14, 2018||December 16, 2018|
|March 9, 2019||February 8, 2019||February 19, 2019||February 27, 2019||March 22, 2019||March 24, 2019|
|May 4, 2019||April 5, 2019||April 16, 2019||April 24, 2019||May 17, 2019||May 19, 2019|
|June 1, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 14, 2019||May 22, 2019||July 10, 2019||July 14, 2019|
SAT 2019 Registration fees
SAT 2018 registration fee is according to different criteria and the criteria is mentioned:
- Basic Registration fee with subject: US$26
- SAT 2018/2019 with Essay: US$54.50
- Out of the Essay: US$43
- International students taking the test outside US, an extra $49 is added to the registration fees.
- Additional US$26 for language tests with listening and US$18 for other tests.
SAT 2018-19 Exam Dates
The dates for SAT 2018/2019 are pre-defined and hence the student does get the option to choose any date as per his convenience. The date has to be selected from the dates decided by the exam conducting bodies.
Here are the exam dates for the year 2018-19:
- Oct 6, 2018
- Nov 3, 2018
- Dec 1, 2018
- March 9, 2019
- May 4, 2019
- June 1, 2019
SAT 2018 Test Pattern
According to the SAT 2018/2019 test pattern, the total duration of the test is 3 hours. An extra 50 minutes is given to the students for essay writing however essay writing is completely optional. According to the SAT 2018/2019 test pattern, a total of 154 questions will be asked in the SAT test 2018/2019 including 1 essay question.
SAT 2018/2019 Test Pattern
|Evidence-Based Reading Writing||200-800||65-minute Reading section||52 Questions (Reading)|
|35-minute Writing and Language section||44 Questions (Writing and Language)|
|Math||200-800||25-minute No Calculator section||20 Questions (No Calculator)|
|55-minute Calculator section||38 Questions (Calculator)|
SAT Subject Tests
SAT Subject tests are taken for a specific subject. The duration of the exam is 1 hour. Students can take a subject test for more than one subject or as required by the institute he/she wants admission into. The subject list for the same is given below:
|U.S. History||Chemistry||German with Listening||Latin|
|World History||Physics||Spanish||Chinese with Listening|
|Math Level 1||French||Spanish with Listening||Japanese with Listening|
|Math Level 2||French with Listening||Modern Hebrew||Korean with Listening|
SAT 2018/2019 Score
The official score report of SAT test 2018/2019 is sent to the student through email and the high school five weeks after the test is over. Scores can be sent either through online or by mail. However, students who have registered by mail do not have the option of receiving their scorecards online.